The MISSION of the Redwood Coast Chamber of Commerce is to support, promote, and represent the economic well-being and vitality of our communities.
How the Chamber Supports its Membership
The Redwood Coast Chamber of Commerce…
• Maintains a weekly presence in the eyes and ears of the local communities and beyond by ADVERTISING on behalf of all business, in the local weekly printed newspaper, the Independent Coast Observer (ICO) and on the Gualala radio station KTDE 100.5FM
• Produces a promotional BROCHURE with MAPS and BUSINESS DIRECTORY available for tourists who drop by the Visitor's Center and for distribution both within and outside the Chamber’s service area, including at other Chamber’s of Commerce in Mendocino and Sonoma Counties, at Visitor's Information Centers, and in response to requests from travel and real estate agents, civic organizations, businesses, and individuals.
• Maintains a NATIONALLY-MARKETED WEB SITE, which can be translated into any language, that includes a Membership Directory, Event Calendars, Visitors, Business, and Residents sections, Maps with directions to the Redwood Coast, and ONLINE ADVERTISING opportunities.
• Maintains a SMALL BUSINESS HELP section on the website with pages where Chamber of Commerce members can post employment and partnership opportunities/requests, find commercial listings for lease or rent, and communicate via the online community bulletin board.
• Maintains a VISITOR’S CENTER on Highway 1 with both TOLL FREE and LOCAL PHONE NUMBERS for inquiries. The Visitor's Center maintains racks of business brochures on display and available for visitors and residents. The weekly paper, Independent Coast Observer is available for purchase during hours of operation.
• The Chamber business office provides customer REFERRALS to CHAMBER MEMBER BUSINESSES.
• Facilitates CHAMBER MIXERS to stimulate networking between members, introduce non-members, and gain exposure to sponsoring businesses.
• WELCOMES new local businesses to town and PROMOTES and participates in SPECIAL EVENTS on the Redwood Coast.
• Maintains representation on the MENDOCINO COUNTY PROMOTIONAL ALLIANCE (MCPA) and is affiliated with SONOMA COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (SCED), and the SONOMA COUNTY TOURISM BUREAU (SCTB) and is linked to their websites.
• SUPPORTS member NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS with marketing for their fund raising events and activities.
• Members are offered opportunities to save money through for GROUP ADVERTISING in publications as well as member-to-member Specials and Discounts.
Check back periodically for additional value-added benefits of Chamber membership!
Board of Directors
The Redwood Coast Chamber of Commerce has an all-volunteer Board of Directors:
Visitor's Center Staff & Concierge